Rules & Regulations
These Rules and Regulations (called “Rules”) are incorporated into and made a part of the Agreement between the Customer and the Owner. Defined terms in these Rules have the same meanings given to those terms in the Agreement. If there is a conflict between these Rules and the Agreement, the Agreement will control. Owner may change these Rules at any time by posting 30 days advance notice of the change on this website. Customers are encouraged to view this website often.
A. Prohibited Uses. Customer may only use the Unit for storing Customer’s personal property. Customer may NOT:
- Modify or alter the Unit
- Allow anyone else to use the Unit.
- Conduct a business or hobby, or manufacture, exhibit, or sell items from the Unit.
- Use the Unit for any illegal purposes.
- Store guns, ammunition, weapons and/or illegal drugs in the Unit.
- Store or abandon hazardous materials in the Unit including, without limitation, substances that are toxic, reactive, volatile, flammable, explosive, hazardous, or corrosive, or that are, at any time, regulated by state, Federal or local authorities.
- Store items with an aggregate value of more than $5,000 unless Owner has expressly consented in writing to a higher value. Customer’s purchase of insurance from any provider in an amount greater than $5,000 will not be considered Owner’s consent to the storage of Unit Contents in excess of $5,000.
- Store animals, food or other perishable items in the Unit.
- Store items that, in Owner’s determination, attract vermin, create a nuisance, have a noxious odor or stench, or endanger the safety or health of people or the environment.
- Store any documents, film, or electronic data containing any personal information relating to Customer, Customer’s clients, customers, patients, or others, such as social security numbers; credit card, debit card, bank account or passport information; or tax, employment, medical, or legal records. If Customer is in default and Owner finds any documents, film or electronic data in the Unit, Owner may, at Owner’s option, immediately destroy these items and charge Customer for the destruction costs.
- Store items with special or sentimental value, or with unknown immediate resale or market value.
- Connect to any electricity, cable, internet or any other utilities
- Use any dumpsters or garbage depositories. Customer will be charged fees for violating this prohibition.
B. Unit Access.
- Access is 24/7. Mt. Horeb noise ordinances must be taken into consideration during “off” hours as to not effect neighboring residential properties.
C. Unsecured Units & Overlocks.
- Owner may place a new lock on any Unit that is not secured by a lock. Customer will pay for the costs of the new lock and any other costs incurred by Owner in connection with the new lock.
- If an unsecured Unit is vacant, or if there are only items that appear to be trash, Owner may dispose of the trash, at Customer’s cost, and consider the Agreement terminated.
- If Rent is 45 days or more past due, Owner will remove Customer’s lock from the Unit to prepare for the sale of the Unit Contents.
D. Security controlled “interior” accessible units.
- Customers must follow all procedures to enter the security controlled doors. If no procedures are posted, then the following procedures apply:
- After vacating, Customer is required to make sure security doors are closed and secure.
- Customers will be responsible to pay to Owner all costs incurred by Owner to repair any damage to any door access controls due to Customer’s or Customer’s guests improper use or negligence.
- Any security systems such as fences, gates, or video cameras are for Owner’s protection only. Customer may not rely on these security systems to protect the Unit or the Unit Contents.
E. Vehicle Storage.
- If a motorized vehicle including, without limitation, a car, boat, motorcycle, snow mobile, or wave runner (called “Vehicle”), is stored in a Unit, the following requirements must be complied with:
- The Vehicle must be stored over drip trays or cardboard to prevent fluids from leaking into the Unit. If fluids from the Vehicle leak into the Unit or Store, Customer will remediate the Unit at Customer’s expense in accordance with applicable laws.
- The gas tank must be drained.
- If a Customer is in default of the Agreement, Owner may, without incurring any liability, have any Vehicle being stored by the Customer towed at the Customer’s expense.
F. Special Equipment & Keys.
- If any special equipment such as remote controls, keys, or portable electronic devices is provided to a Customer, it is the Customer’s responsibility to protect and safeguard the equipment. If the equipment is damaged or lost, Customer will pay to Owner the cost to replace or repair the equipment.
- Customer must protect and safeguard Customer’s keys to the Unit. If Customer loses a key, it is recommended that Customer replace Customer’s lock immediately to avoid unauthorized access. Owner does not verify the authority of those entering Units with keys.
G. Law Enforcement Directives.
- Owner cooperates with law enforcement officials in all reasonable respects including, without limitation, allowing law enforcement officials to comply with and enforce search warrants, and providing business records (excluding financial information), video footage, and subpoenaed documents to law enforcement officials.
- Customers will not receive a paper invoice for the Monthly Rent unless Customers pay a monthly invoice fee in the amount determined by lease.
- The Agreement does not include all fees, expenses, or charges that Customers may be required to pay under the Agreement, and Owner reserves the right to charge additional fees.
- Owner reserves the right to increase, decrease, supplement, or otherwise modify any fees or charges in the Agreement by either sending advance notice directly to the Customer, or posting advance notice of any such change on this website or in the office.
- The list of fees set forth in this Agreement is not all inclusive and additional fees may apply.
- The temperature in a Unit is not controlled unless a Unit is designated as a “temperature controlled” Unit.
- When a Unit is designated as a “temperature controlled” Unit, it means that we use reasonable efforts to maintain a temperature in the building where the Unit is located of between 55 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature control may be accomplished through any type of system.
J. Accepted Payment Method.
- Customer’s payments may be made in check, credit card, debit card or ACH. Owner may accept other forms of payment at Owner’s sole discretion.
- Owner may refuse any form of payment other than Cash when a Customer is in default.
K. Customer Conduct While on Premises.
- Customers shall conduct themselves appropriately while on Owner’s premises. Any type of harassment toward Owner’s employees, foul language, boisterous behavior or other behavior that interferes with Owner’s business or negatively affects Owner’s employees or Customers will not be tolerated.
- Customers and their children are not to climb on or play near any retaining walls located on the premises.